Images from the Game
- A Cal fan put together this video of his evening at the stadium.
- Some more pics pulled from Image of Sport on Wizard of Odds.
- Cal Memorial Stadium doesn’t have great facilities, to put it mildly.
- See Chauncey. See Chauncey run. There’s an embedded video on ESPN’s website.
Rankings and Bowl Projections
- College Football News has USC in the Holiday Bowl against Texas.
- USC is ranked #7 in Vegas.
- Stanford ranked #1 in football poll. (Thanks, L.A.)
- Lex icon sees a way that USC could be national champs. He also has some real predictions.
- Clay De Leon profiled Ricky Rosas, a key figure around the USC football team who you probably haven’t heard of.
USC fans should be happy the Trojans play defense. SMQB noticed that not many teams do.
- The Pac-10 may have reached a new officiating low in the Washington-Oregon State game. Those are some angry Beavers.
- That play was just the second scariest part of the game.
- Cal tree sitters crash back to, um, painful reality.
- More news surfaced from Arkansas in the case of USC transfer QB Mitch Mustain. Somebody at his former coach’s house (Houston Nutt) sent an email saying they wished they had participated in the beating of Mustain’s mother.
- Two other emails from a booster were released, the most blistering of which was addressed to Mustain.
- A local columnist’s take may help put things in perspective.
- Our quote of the week from ESPN’s Beano Cook:
"It’s unfair that the USC Song Girls only appear at USC games. They are
a national treasure. They should visit other teams across the country."
- Maybe that would keep them out of the rain. More pics after the jump …
This fan’s USC flag did not provide adequate protection from the rain.
The band covered up pretty well.
Cal’s flag bearer did not.