USC tailback Joe McKnight, coming off a career game, missed practice Monday because of an injured right big toe.
McKnight wore a boot on his right foot. He said he would undergo X-rays Tuesday and would try to practice. If McKnight has turf toe, it could put his status in doubt for Saturday’s game at Washington State.
McKnight hurt the toe on his final carry against Arizona State.
Others who missed practice included:
- Tailback Stafon Johnson (illness)
- Linebacker Brian Cushing (shoulder)
- Linebacker Kaluka Maiava (ankle)
- Tailback Allen Bradford (hip)
- Offensive tackle Charles Brown (undisclosed)