As first reported by Rivals.com and subsequently confirmed by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Tampa tight end prospect Orson Charles has narrowed his list of choices to three — and USC is one of them.
The others are Georgia and Tennessee, according to the reports. (Pete Carroll vs. Lane Kiffin — this time it’s personal!) Charles eliminated Florida.
Charles is supposed to announce his decision March 6. If USC lands him, he’d help fill out an already strong class that lacks a tight end and is thin at receiver.
More from the USC blog:
- NFL draft: A real expert hints at future for Ellison, Pinkard
- USC basketball: Confrontation ’shocked’ Gibson
- NFL draft: How Mark Sanchez helped himself
- USC basketball: Johnson return ‘won’t happen’
- USC basketball: Marcus Johnson practicing
- NFL draft: Kevin Ellison’s transition?
- USC basketball: Hackett vs. Lewis vs. … the truth
- NFL draft: Kevin Ellison’s comeback
- USC basketball: Hackett, Lewis say they’re sorry
- USC basketball: Floyd calls players’ behavior ‘juvenile’