There’s a lot of buzz right now about USC’s Mark Sanchez going as high as No. 4 to Seattle in Saturday’s NFL draft.
(He could room with his old pal Steve Sarkisian! Imagine the sitcom-esque shenanigans!)
ESPN.com’s Todd McShay addressed that speculation and picked a few other potential landing spots for Sanchez in a conference call with reporters:
“He could come off the board as early as Seattle at No. 4. Of all the players in this year’s class, right now he seems to be the hottest moving up. Teams are realizing as they meet with him and are around him more that he just has an infectious attitude. He loves the game. He’s a gym rat. He has leadership skills, and I think that’s playing well with a lot of teams that are spending personal time with him.
“Seattle at No. 4 is a strong possibility. The next spot is Jacksonville at eight if they’re willing to trade out. I think the Jets are a possibility to trade up. Washington, you never know with Dan Snyder. He’s met with him twice personally.
“If he gets past No. 8, I’d say San Francisco (at No. 10). Whether the 49ers take him or trade that pick, I don’t see Sanchez getting out of the top 10 picks.”
More from the USC blog:
- USC football: Corp has support as leading man
- NFL draft: Maiava ‘could be better than all of them’
- USC football recruiting: WR Stills gets UCLA offer, awaits Trojans
- USC football: Mustain questions rep ‘interpretation’
- USC football: QB competition — rhetoric or reality?
- USC football poll: Is Corp the right call?
- USC football: Corp is No. 1, but ‘nothing’s permament’
- USC football: Bradford, Gable return to action
- USC football: Corp ‘excited’ about opportunity
- USC football: Aaron Corp named starting QB
- USC football recruiting: UCLA commit wavering toward USC?
Post from: USC