Quick hitters from USC’s second training-camp practice of 2009:
** Receivers Robert Woods and George Farmer of Serra High of Gardena chatted after practice with offensive coordinator John Morton. Woods, who is uncommitted, could end up being the top-rated wideout in the class of 2010. Farmer is a member of the class of 2011.
** Defensive end Nick Perry and safety T.J. McDonald missed practice after being hurt Saturday. Perry has a concussion, and USC coach Pete Carroll said it could be a “couple days” before Perry returns. McDonald (ankle) is day to day, Carroll said.
** Defensive end Malik Jackson returned after leaving early Saturday because of an illness. Jackson showed no ill effects, penetrating the backfield three times in a row during one sequence.
** Carroll said the status of senior linebacker Luthur Brown and freshman safety Patrick Hall should be cleared up by the middle of next week. Both aren’t practicing because of academics.
More from the USC blog:
- USC football: 3 observations as training camp opens
- USC football: Joe McKnight comes out flying
- USC football: Buoyant Blakes Ayles back on the field
- USC football: Three defenders dinged
- USC football: Everson Griffen gets serious
- USC football: The ‘weird’ Corp-Barkley dynamic
- USC football: Brown, Hall awaiting academic clearance
- USC football: Signals won’t stop Matt Barkley
- USC football: Shareece Wright happy, healthy
- USC football: Allen Bradford cleared to practice
Post from: USC