In case you missed it this past week, the story of two people having sex atop a dorm building at USC spread like wildfire across the web, with photos of the rooftop tryst making their way from local LA sites to Perez Hilton and Gawker all the way to the Daily Mail in London.
The details remain somewhat elusive, but here’s what we do know so far.
- The pictures (mostly NSFW), depicting an as-yet-unnamed man and woman having sex on the roof of 12-story Waite-Phillips Hall, were taken last Saturday (March 26).
- USC officials rushed to deal with the blowback from photos that went viral.
- A Kappa Sigma fraternity representative confirmed that the man in the pictures is indeed a member who has since been suspended from the fraternity.
- This marks the second sex-related scandal of the year for Kappa Sig, who dealt with public outcry just last month following an email from another spread last month outlining the rules for being a “cocksman”.
- The woman was initially speculated to be a member of the Delta Gamma sorority, who was holding their annual Anchor Splash event on the day of the rooftop, but those charges were dismissed by a DG rep in a statement to the Daily Trojan: “There is absolutely no relationship between these circumstances and our women or our event.”
Now, just a week after the story first broke across the web, it gets immortalized in a Taiwanese animation edition:
One thought on “Rooftop Sex at USC: A Primer”
My two daughters graduated from USC in the last few years & as a family support the university. It is unfortunate that the actions of a few misguided individuals from this story tarnish the image of USC & the Trojan family! Obviously these students do not represent the majority & further action should be taken against them & to prevent any future situations like this from happening again!